Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Cherry Bomb (new book)

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Just heard about this new book!

    CHERRY BOMB: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BECOMING A BETTER FLIRT, A TOUGHER CHICK, AND A HOTTER GIRLFRIEND, AND TO LIVING LIFE LIKE A ROCK STAR by Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna.

    CHERRY BOMB is described as an A-to-Z reference for everything awesome a girl needs to know, including the obvious (style, beauty, dating, and sex tips) and the not-so-obvious (how to prepare absinthe, how to sneak backstage, how to hit on a celebrity). When the book is released this August 5, here is a list of those who you can also expect to get some fun tips from?

    -- Cherie Currie of THE RUNAWAYS (on ?Cherry Bomb,? the song that influenced the book)
    -- Tori Amos (Life Advice)
    -- Dita Von Teese (Striptease)
    -- Betsey Johnson (Breast Cancer Awareness and Personal Style)
    -- Dancing with the Stars? Cheryl Burke (Dancing Tips)
    -- Samantha Maloney of PEACHES (Drum Lesson)
    -- Katy Perry (Vintage Shopping)
    -- Lisa Loeb (How To Be a Great Hostess)
    -- Jessicka of SCARLING/JACK OFF JILL (Starting a Band)
    -- American Idol makeup artist Mezhgan (Beauty)
    -- Stylist Cynthia Freund (Rock Chick Style Tips)
    -- Anna Sui (Fashion Inspiration)
    -- Kat Von D (Tattoos)
    -- Master Chef Dave Rubell (Black Vodka Recipes)
    -- Berlin?s Terri Nunn (Dating, Doing it & Dumping)
    -- The Viper Room?s Melissa Renee Hernandez and Anna Geyer (Bouncers, Jobs)
    -- Christian Joy (Fashion Inspiration)
    -- Veruca Salt?s Louise Post (Sobriety)
    -- Dr. Ava Cadell (Orgazms)
    -- Tera Patrick (Menage a Trois)
    -- Joanna Angel (X-rated movies)
    -- Imogen Heap (Individuality)
    -- Hairstylist Dean Banowetz (Rockin? Up ?Dos)
    -- NicoleLee/SuicideGirls.com (Piercings)
    -- Pink Cheeks? Cynthia Esser-Thorin (Waxing Tips)


    This book actually sounds cool. I think I want one, even though I'm not a girl!!!

    More later!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know WHY you want this book Gus. C'mon admit it... It's Pink Cheeks waxing tips! Ladies and Gents... It's the new and improved Gus Danger with a Brazilian wax!

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh! You are funny Sportyfan! Oops, I frogot to laff! newemoticon lmao There ya go!

    Actually, it's Terri Nunn's advice on dating, doing it & dumping, that I was intrigued by
    but now that you mention it, the Brazilian wax might be just what the doctor ordered!
    Are you pretty happy with yours?!?!
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tim52160's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Like with Playboy,I 'll probably just get it for the pics!lol

  5. #5
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    August 9th, 2008 ?Cherry Bomb? Book Signing and Art Exhibit, La Luz de Jesus Gallery, in Los Angeles!

    Expected guests to the events include some of the book?s contributors, including
    the Runaways' Cherie Currie, Berlin?s Terri Nunn, Peaches? Samantha Maloney,
    singer/artist Jessicka, and others.

    Our friend WASTED has the latest scoop. Check it out on the official Runaways message board!

    http://runawaysonline.proboards70.co...lay&thread=175

    Do I wish I could be there, or what?!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    August 9th, 2008 ?Cherry Bomb? Book Signing and Art Exhibit, La Luz de Jesus Gallery, in Los Angeles!

    Expected guest Cherie Currie

    Do I wish I could be there, or what?!?!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Hey Hey
    today IS the day
    and if I was in LA
    I couldn't stay away!!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey folks, here is an article from L.A. Weekly about the book and it includes some excerpts!
    It's from July 31st! Terri Nunn's excerpt is way cool!

    Cherry Bomb: Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna's Ultimate How-To for Budding Rock Chicks
    Mrs. Chris Vrenna has composed a tome for women who fancy their boys scrawny, not brawny
    By L. Lecaro
    Published on July 31, 2008
    Being a "rock chick" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being in a band, or writing about them, or even screwing guys who are in one. But doing so can give you special insight. L.A.-based entertainment journalist/rocker wife Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna knows all about it, and in her new book, Cherry Bomb: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Better Flirt, a Tougher Chick, and a Hotter Girlfriend, and to Living Life Like a Rock Star, she and her plucky pals and idols spill their secrets in shameless detail, with bits and tips about how to not only indulge in the sex, drugs and rock & roll fantasy, but how to turn it into a lifestyle.

    Advice from the author: Pinch a stranger?s butt and walk away.This is a tome for women who fancy their boys scrawny rather than brawny, prefer black nails over French tips, and who, like moi, grew up wanting to be Pinky Tuscadero (or her li'l sister, Leather) from Happy Days. That pop-culture reference too ancient? Try these, then: Beth Ditto, notMiley Cyrus ... The Donnas, not Danity Kane ... Diablo Cody, not Paris Hilton ... Emily the Strange, not Hello Kitty. Actually, scratch the last one, H.K. kinda rocks.

    So what is a "Cherry Bomb"? "She's the girl who doesn't take **** ... the girl that's gonna walk into the room, and she might not be the tallest, thinnest, prettiest, or perfectly put together, but she looks the sexiest and most confident because she exudes that 'Hey, I'm a badass'attitude," explains Vrenna over lunch at the rock-chick-owned (no coincidence!) Auntie Em's in Eagle Rock. "She goes against the grain sometimes and she's just a li'l bit edgy, a li'l bit tougher. But at the same time, she isn't a ***** , and she isn't a ***** ."

    Indeed, we're not talking groupies here, though dating musicians and even how to get ? and act ? backstage at a concert is covered. Borzillo-Vrenna knows of what she writes too; her husband is Nine Inch Nails/Marilyn Manson drummer Chris Vrenna. Other fun contributions include Dita Von Teese on how to do a proper striptease, Kat Von D on tats and "tramp stamps," Katy Perry's vintage-fashion faves, Samantha Maloney drum lessons, Lisa Loeb on party hosting, and Vrenna's alter ego, "Gotha Stewart," on mixing absinthe cocktails and rolling the perfect joint. Vrenna, whose r?sum? includes writing for Spin, People and Billboard, and a stint at Gene Simmons' short-lived Tongue magazine (as a sex-advice columnist), has taken the fluffy and tired genre known as "grrrl guides" (the girl-powery nonfiction sister to chick lit) and given it claws ? black, of course. And while us, ahem, riper cherries already know most of this stuff ? how to get into clubs, how to make a great entrance, the hierarchy that exists between lead singers, guitarists, bassists and drummers (it goes in that order, duh!) ? for the barely legal Hot Topic generation, this li'l purple and black confection might just be life-changing.

    Wanna get inspired? Put on some black fishnets and some Russian Red lipstick and spy these juicy anecdotes and smart tips (along with some of the book's (t)arty illustrations, by Liz Adams):


    Terri Nunn on "Doing It"

    "I wrote a whole song about the power of role-playing. 'Sex (I'm A ...)' came about because my boyfriend at the time and I fell into a bit of a rut sexually, so I tried to introduce some role-playing. After a couple of nights of this, he said, 'Terri, I'm not a pirate. I'm not a burglar. I'm just a guy. I just like guy things.' Great. If you notice in the song, all he says in the chorus is, 'I'm a man, I'm a man, I'm a man.' BOOOORRRRIINNNNGG! I'm all kinds of things, a ***** , geisha, blue movie, Goddess, virgin ... **** you! I'm interesting. He laughed at the song, and we did eventually try some more fun scenes in bed."

    Tori Amos on Keeping a Creative Center

    "When we wake up in the morning, we can either choose to 'plug in' to the creative source or to 'plug in' to a chaotic force. If you don't consciously choose this, then you will be drawn into chaos before lunch and you'll have no idea how you got there. Energy follows intention. I wake up, I take the 10 minutes it takes ? in the shower, putting on makeup, before I go out ? to set my intentions, what I will and won't accept energy-wise. There is not one way that is the right way to do this. But if you are aligned with a creative source, then it's very hard to seduce you into destructive conversations, arguments and reactions.

    P.S. 'A bonus one for the road: When you come up for air ... come up laughing.'?"

    Continued from page 1
    Published on July 31, 2008
    "A photograph in a fashion magazine that he [Waters] took that really has kept me thinking over the years. It was a photo of a giant tiger shrimp in a shoe, and my first reaction was, 'What? I don't get it. That's stupid.' Things are always kind of stupid when you don't understand them. I saw the photo before I was making Karen's [O. of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs] costumes or even doing fashion design. Then I started to make Karen's costumes and suddenly that image of the shrimp in the shoe popped into my head again and I realized how really great and funny it was and from there the shrimp sort of became this really hilarious prop-esque thing for me. I actually made Karen a dress with a giant stuffed shrimp that hung like a stole around her neck. It was really funny. Karen ripped it apart with her teeth at a show in London and spit it in the audience. That was the best thing that could have ever happened to that shrimp. The outfit just kept on giving. Later, the shrimp photo came full circle for me when I saw a documentary on John Water,s and in it he talks about "shrimping," which is a type of foot fetish for people who like to **** toes. Eight years later, I finally figured that photo out!"

    Advice from the author: Pinch a stranger?s butt and walk away.
    Vrenna on Being Daring

    Dare to be sexy: Pole-dance! Go to amateur night at the strip club or just use a street-sign pole while you're waiting outside a club.

    Dare to be a rock star: Sing Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" or Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" (that's the song that goes, "I want to f*&k you like an animal") at the top of your lungs in a cute boy's face at a karaoke bar.

    Dare to be flirty: Pinch a stranger's butt, and walk away.

    Dare to be dangerous: Stage-dive at a punk-rock show.

    Dare to be forward: Out of the blue, plant a kiss on the cute guy you're talking to.

    Dare to be racy: Don't wear panties under your dress. But keep the legs closed when you exit the car. You want to be daring, not dumb. Blondie's Debbie Harry used to go commando with class long before twits like Britney, Paris and Lindsay made it trashy.

    Dare to be irresponsible: Spend your rent on an amazing new party dress by your favorite designer.

    Dare to be different: When everyone else is wearing a cute little summery dress and flip-flops to the pool party, show up in short-shorts, stilettos, and a bikini top with glamour-puss hairdo and glamour-puss makeup ? don't forget the big black Jackie O sunglasses.

    Dare to be silly: Childhood games rock. Suggest a game of Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, 7 Minutes in Heaven, or 20 Questions at the next house party you attend.

    Art and text copyright ? 2008 by Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna. Published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc. Printed with permission of Simon & Schuster, Inc.

    Book signing, celebration and art show with Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna and illustrator Liz Adams at La Luz de Jesus Gallery, 4633 Hollywood Blvd., Silver Lake; Sat., Aug. 9, 3-7 p.m. (323) 666-7667. Additional signing at Billy Shire Fine Arts, 5790 Washington Blvd., Culver City (during the Shawn Barber exhibit); Sat., Aug. 16, 3-7 p.m. (323) 297-0600.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.laweekly.com/2008-07-31/m...-hand-advice/1

    Speaking of Terri Nunn and the book signing,
    don't miss the pictures Cherie put up on her
    MySpace page! This one especially
    <u>takes my breath away!</u>

    m

    AWESOME PICTURES CHERIE!
    For sure!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Lots of FANtastic pictures, like this one available on the Getty Images Web Site!

    Check 'em out here folks!

    http://www.gettyimages.com/search/se...tId=82257753#1

    Cherie, YOU look mahvelous!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ September 06, 2008 02:01 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well, I guess they don't like their images posted on message boards but here is the direct link to the photo I had displayed in my previous post!

    Lots of great pictures there but I really love this one!
    Trouble is you can't just buy a copy of it. It's for use by magazines, etc. and NOT for personal use!

    http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/823...0A760B0D811297

    That's not fair,
    imo!
    [img]confused.gif[/img]
    GD

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Here's what the cover looks like!

    CherryBombBookCover

    I hope to pick one up sooner rather than later!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic